My absolute favourite time of the year is Autumn, especially when you first notice the mornings taking longer to arrive and the air just feels fresh and crisp. I love the colours, golds and oranges and yellows. It feels so cosy and brings so much excitement for me, especially as Christmas is coming fast and it will be my first year with Myles in our own house.
I am that in love with Autumn that I am going to list my favourite parts about it! Here we go:
- The colour – There’s nothing more beautiful than watching the leaves in your garden change from green, to yellow, to orange, to deep red. And when they fall off the trees, it’s really pretty…
- Pumpkin spiced latte (I don’t care how “typical white girl” this is – I love it!)
- Dark nights call for cosy nights in with blankets and cuddles
- Countdown to Christmas
- Going walking through crisp leaves and the sound of them crunching beneath your boots
- Halloween! – who doesn’t want to watch spooky films, dress up, eat tonnes of sweets and generally act like a child again?
- Wrapping up warm in jumpers and scarves and chunky knits
- Comfort food – The cold weather autumn brings gives you an excuse to cook hearty stews and sip on mugs of hot chocolate – with marshmallows and cream (of course). The season also welcomes a whole array of new vegetables to try out, such as pumpkins and butternut squash.
- Bonfire night – who doesn’t love sparklers, bonfire toffee and pretty firework displays?
- Wellington Boots!!
- Conker picking – usually for my little brothers, they love to play ‘Conkers’. Plus conkers in your home keep spiders away.
I’ll most likely be writing a tonne of Autumn themed posts, there’s just so much fun coming up!
Stay tuned ♡