Oh my gosh! So yesterday I was nominated for the 2017 Liebster “Discover New Blogs” Award and I’m super excited to write this post. I’d like to thank the lovely Cel Torrez for nominating me and making me realise that this blog is actually worth doing. Please go check out her blog!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest award goes as far back as 2011. Apparently, Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. This is adorable and my German mother in law would be proud!
The Rules If You Are Nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you by linking their blog in your blog post.
2. Display the award on your blog – the easier way is by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. ‘The Global Aussie’ website has images of the Liebster Award you can save.
3. List up to 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
4. Nominate 5 bloggers for the Liebster Award who have less than 200 followers. (Make sure you ask permission once nominating them).
5. List the rules in your blog, so others are aware of the rules/ what the award is about.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- My favourite colour is black
- I’ve only been with Myles for 10 months and lived with him for 6 of those glorious months
- My eyes are blue with a few brown specks
- I have two fish tanks that own more of my heart than anything! My betta fish are my babies, one tank is a female betta sorority and one has my male betta ‘Herbie’ who is my little angel
- I’m trying to grow my hair navel length, so far I’m at the bottom of my ribs
- I am creative, I love sketching and crafts
- I have pen pals from all over the world including South Korea, Chile, China and Indonesia
- Sometimes Christmas can make me sad rather than happy
- I love animals of any sort, especially reptiles and big cats
- I love antique shops! They remind me of my childhood. I love to find quirky little trinkets and things no one else will have seen
My Answers to Cel’s Questions:
1. What do you see as your biggest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment is being where I am today. A few years ago I was off the rails a little, I was depressive and really suffering with anxiety. I cut out the two main people in my life that caused it and now I’m on the right tracks again. I found me the love of my life, we live together, my job is fab, my family are supportive and I’m finally in a happy place.
2. What is your favorite quote and why?
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
I love this quote, it’s so true and means a great deal to me. Even if you’re going through something awful, there’s always a silver lining somewhere.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I think I just wanted somewhere to be myself. It’s great to just be you and be accepted and also to get to know people that have a lot of similarities to you. It’s another great way to improve my writing skills and I get to read amazing posts daily! A great place for information!
4. Would you rather be able to control water or fire?
100% water! I’m a Pisces, it’s who I am. Plus water beats fire! Why would you not want water over fire?
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully I’ll be happily married to my beauty, couple of kids, couple of dogs, bigger house, bigger garden. I wanna be a proper homely mum, bake and do crafts with the kids and go on long walks. Also I’d love to be writing, dream job would to be an author or something but for now I hope that I’ll still be on here talking about my life.
Questions For The Nominees:
- What’s your best tip or advice for new bloggers?
- If you were a character in a book, which would you be from what book?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
I hope you all enjoy doing this and if you don’t wish to accept the Liebster Award, then don’t worry that’s completely fine. Thanks again Cel for nominating me, it’s been fun!