Christmas is such a wonderful time of year, I absolutely love everything festive, but it can soon pass you by in a whirl of shopping, wrapping and festive parties. Sometimes it’s so much nicer to slow things down a little and make time for all those things you used to do before Christmas became one big stress. Whether you’ve got little ones or not, you’re never too old to inject a bit of festive fun into December. So obviously in this post I thought it would be fun to do a December Bucket List!
- Go to a German Christmas market
- Wrap presents early (instead of on Christmas morning like last year)
- Do some Christmas crafts and make my own decorations
- Go Christmas shopping somewhere that feels Christmassy, e.g. Chester or York
- Have a pyjama day with festive snacks and films and cuddles!
- Bake something for Christmas
- Try and enjoy Christmas songs – usually I’m against them! However I am a fan of “Fairytale of New York”
- Random acts of kindness, yesterday I helped an older lady reach something from a top shelf in the supermarket – every little helps!
- Bratwursts and Gluhwein!
- Find a Christmas jumper and wear it in public without being embarrassed
- Winter walks to see the local deer and collect holly sprigs
- Build a gingerbread house
- Clear out our cupboards and wardrobes and make space for new things
- Decorate the house! I’m talking Santa’s grotto Christmas extravaganza style
- Get Myles and I matching pyjamas for our movie day…. sorry babe! Hehe!
- Tidy up the garden – it’s driving me mad now all the leaves have fallen
- Try not to be a grumpy Grinch when I’m full and tired and just want to go home
- Find and hang a wreathe for our front door
- Stick to my budgets
- Take lots of photos to look back on the happy memories next Christmas
No doubt there are 101 more important things to do than this, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it. I’m sooooo excited for Christmas this year – I feel like a big kid again!
What’s on your December bucket list this year?