I’ve been reading a lot of posts lately relating to Blogmas. Since only becoming a blogger this year, it is the first I’d heard of it and I decided to do a little research to see what it entails. Basically, it’s where you post about Christmas each and every day in December until the 25th. Whether its gift ideas or wrapping techniques, as long as it’s about Christmas, you’re good.
I can’t help but see both good and bad points of this, so for those in a bit of limbo like me, I thought I’d do a pros and cons list.
- Increase in blog stats, views and visitors
- Gets you into the Christmas spirit
- Great for anyone Christmas obsessed like me!
- Have a theme for content which can make it easier to think of inspiration or ideas
- All things merry and bright
- It’s instantly rewarding
- Need to be very organised
- Need to have content ready to blog every day
- All spare time goes on blogging
- Can seem rushed or unorganised
- Could have the opposite affect on Christmas spirit and make you less excited?
- Posts could get lost in a sea of blogmas posts
- Some followers do not want to read about Christmas all the time
- Multiple posts a day if you continue normal schedule e.g. Top Ten Tuesday – very time consuming
As you can see, I have a few more cons to this than pros, as much as I want to do this Blogmas, I’m not 100% sure that I would be able to keep up. I don’t want to run out of any inspiration or originality, sometimes posts around a theme can be very similar from blog to blog. I feel like if I had a few days off work to get my head down and write I could, but the pressure just puts me off, I want to enjoy this time of year and the little free time I have to spend at home.
What are your thoughts on Blogmas? Do you think I can do it? Anyone else doing Blogmas?
Please comment below, I’m desperate for some advice!
Love, Charlie x