The year has almost come to an end, so I thought I would sit back and reflect on some of the things I’ve learnt in 2017. I’m currently lying in bed thinking of all the things I’ve learnt in the past twelve months and will continue to learn with each passing day of 2018.
It’s funny how much things can change in one year isn’t it?
So without further ado here are my 10things I have learned this year and of course, am continuing to learn and practice on a daily basis…
1. Family is important – Obviously I’ve always known this, but as time goes on, I understand the fullness of that even more. My family (the ones I class as family) have helped to shape me into the person I am today. They’re supportive and understanding and I know that they are there for me when I need them.
2. I CAN be happy – I went through a stage at Christmas last year when I felt as though happiness didn’t come to me anymore. I was very low and put on a front the majority of the time. Now, after picking myself up and moving forward with my life, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. Even when I think I’m low, I know I’ve got Myles and my family to help me pick back up quickly. My New Years resolution for 2017 was “to be happy”, it’s the first year I’ve actually reached my goal!
3. I don’t have to feel guilty – I often feel guilty about things that I shouldn’t, especially things like: not having anything to do with my Dad anymore. After 12 months, I’ve finally realised that it’s not me who should feel guilty, I didn’t do anything wrong and I shouldn’t have to pay for his mistakes. You might not be able to choose who your family are, but you can certainly cut them from your life if they treat you terribly.
4. Quit comparing – All my life, I’ve compared myself to other people. I’ve never felt good enough until met someone who accepted me fully for who I am. I don’t need to compete or compare, I am who I am and if people don’t like that, then Cya bye! 👋🏽
If you always spend your time comparing yourself to others, you are literally robbing yourself from experiencing being happy! Be happy for you! 5. True friendship is hard to find – Since becoming older, I’ve realised that true friendship is hard to come by. Just because someone says they’re your friend, doesn’t mean they truly are. Watch your back for sneaky snakes and value those who would be there for you in your time of need.
6. Keep your cool – I’ve always been fairly feisty and I do get wound up fairly easily. I have learned that sometimes silence is the best response. This goes for many things. Just remember that you don’t have to get your back up for something minor, these days I just think
shut the fuck up, it’s just not worth it! The only time I really get wound up now is when I fight for something I truly believe in.
7. Be Patient! – Good things come to those who wait. Even better when you don’t expect them! I’ve had so many great things happen this year, being patient helped me to not seem like the psycho-ass-biatch that I used to be! 😂
8. Do what makes you happy – who cares if what you do isn’t cool or interesting to everyone else, they are to you. I like blogging – one of my friends thinks it’s dumb – do I care? NO!
9. Karma is real – I’ve seen it happen way too often personally and for people I know. If you give more, you’ll get more. Trust me!
10. I can do it! – I published my first post in August this year and I’ve loved blogging the whole time! The blogging community is so warm and welcoming too, people only ever have nice things to say. Granted – writing almost every day is definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be and it does take up a lot of time with each post, but I really enjoy it, so it certainly is worth it for me!
Thank you all so much for reading! I’d love to know some of the things you’ve learnt this year? Be sure to let me know in the comments!
I’d like to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope 2017 has treated you well and that 2018 will treat you better! This has been my best year so far, I cannot wait to make more memories next year. 🎉❤️🍾
Oh also, has anyone done their Instagram best nine for 2017? I just did mine – It seems that people liked my hair the most this year! 🙊 Aww look at our gorgeous wreath too, taking him down today! ☹️
See you next year!
Love Charlie x