Hello lovelies 👋🏽
I’m really excited to be writing this, as yesterday I was nominated for the second time, for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was nominated by the lovely Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose – go check her out! Her layout is fabulous and honestly posts some amazing stuff.
If you don’t already know, the VBA is an award given from bloggers to other bloggers, to celebrate diverse subjects and applaud creative writing.
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- List 7 things about yourself.
7 Things About Myself:
- I used to go to a street dancing class every week called Charlie’s Angels Dance Academy. My friend Amy and I started after a leaflet was blown into our school playground and we begged our mums to go – However I soon quit when they told us we had to wear electric blue leotards! (So not cool guys).
- I’m a lazy person who hates being lazy but I can’t help it. For example, I really need to organise my clothes in my wardrobe, it’s killing me that I can see how messy and unorganised it is (we have no doors so I can’t even hide it). Every time I look at it I get angry, yet I physically can’t get motivated to sort it out. So every day I’m angry because I can’t find anything and I say I’m going to sort it, then when I finally have the time I just cannot be bothered!
- I have become a little crazy about interior design, I follow thousands of home design blogs, Instagrams, Pinterest accounts, everything – I love it! I even make up little interior design mood boards on my phone to get an idea of how I want to decorate our house. I think Myles is pretty sick of me dragging him to Homesense and TK Maxx whenever possible. Hehe! Sorry pumpkin!
- I am supposed to wear glasses for reading and paperwork, I haven’t been wearing them for years and I haven’t been for an eye test since 2014. I have constant headaches and am constantly squinting at screens, but every time I go to the opticians I get all weird and nervous. I start randomly laughing in their face and my eyes roll back in my head and I giggle a lot, my hands are clammy and I hold my breath and can’t breathe. It’s a nightmare – and uncontrollable!
- I am so emotional. I don’t know if it’s my birth control or my star sign. But I swear I will spontaneously burst into tears at almost anything. Whether it’s a cute text, a good book, a happy ending in a film, a romantic song playing, a playful puppy – you name it. I remember the first two films I cried at, I was about four years old and a watched Free Willy – cried my heart out when he was free. Then I watched The Secret Garden – Again, I was caught sobbing. I recently watched this again thinking “I have no clue what I would have cried about at four years old” – spoiler alert – the boy in the wheelchair could walk.
- I have a thing for spots. No not zits. But dotty or specky patterns. I especially love white with black spots or flecks – I’m pretty sure I’m related to Cruella Devil. In fact, I have saved this picture on my phone just because it pleases me to see it:
- I am always cold. Even in summer, I will have my little heater on at work. Maybe it’s a circulation thing? My feet, hands and nose are always icy!
Thanks for reading lovelies, see you in the next post!
Love Charlie x