Last week I was having a ponder through The Body Shop’s website and stumbled across something called Shade Adjusting Drops. Without reading so much as the first line in the description, they were in my basket, paid for and dispatched by the end of the day.
So what are they? Well let me tell you…
Shade Adjusting Drops are basically magic little potions, that help turn an almost there foundation shade, into the perfect one! They can alter the shade of your foundation to suit you – perfect if your foundation is slightly too dark or light for you. Bloody great if you go on holiday! No more buying a “holiday shade”.
Below is a little more detailed explanation…
- If you have light to medium skin you may find your foundation looks too dark or orange. A concentration of white and pink pigments in our Lightening Drops helps neutralise yellowness while lightening. Simply add a drop to lighten light to medium shades.
- For use with light to medium foundation shades
- 1 drop = ½ a shade lighter
- If you have dark to deep skin you may find your foundation looks too light or ashy. A concentration of black and red pigments in our Darkening Drops helps darken while keeping the natural depth. Simply add a drop to darken dark to deep foundation shades.
- For use with dark to deep foundation tones
- 1 drop = ½ a shade darker
- Works with most liquid foundations
Being the pale pansy I am, I went for the lightening drops, of course! I’ve got to say, it’s absolutely amazing, I love the stuff!
I have absolutely no end of foundations that I’ve brought for when I’ve been abroad or when I’ve been tanning and now they are far too dark for me. I’ve spent an absolute fortune in the past, if only I’d have known about these beauties.
Here is one No7 Stay Perfect foundation in shade Honey, far to dark, at the minute I’m coming in low at MAC shade NC15 – that’s a huge dramatic difference in colours right there.
How To Use:
- Shake product well before use
- Apply the “almost there” foundation shade to the back of your hand
- Apply one drop of your chosen Shade Adjusting Drops and blend together. (The lightening drops can only be used to lighten light to medium foundation shades)
- Test the colour
- Apply the mix on your face as usual for a natural make-up look
Here is how mine turned out…
- LEFT is the shade lightening fluid on its own
- RIGHT is the No7 foundation
- CENTRE is the lightening fluid mixed with the No7 foundation
This is crazy right?! I can finally use up all my holiday/tan shades, not only saving me money but also space in my dressing table draws!
Honestly, I’ve never been more satisfied with a beauty product, it’s cheap enough and does what it says on the tin. The formula doesn’t alter the effect or appearance of my foundation, I have tried them on a few different brands including MAC, Fenty Beauty and Make Up For Ever.
My only negative would be that the dropper doesn’t pick up and deposit enough product for my liking. I would 100% buy these again, it’s saved me wasting so much money! Also – if I ever become tanned again, I’ll pick up those lush darkening drops to show you too. I also love that all of The Body Shop products are cruelty free!
Have you ever heard of these shade adjusting drops before?
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Love Charlie x