Today’s little post is full of excitement as yesterday Myles and I finally booked our first abroad holiday together to Paphos, Cyprus!
We’ll be going in exactly 228 days to the beautiful city that is situated right on the southwest coast of the Mediterranean island of Cyprus!
We had originally booked to go to Cape Verde, I am pretty disappointed that we’re not visiting there anymore as neither of us had ever been and I don’t know about Myles, but I love going somewhere completely new. However, due to the high risk of contracting the zika virus, we decided to play it a little more safe and go somewhere with a low risk – Paphos here we come!
There is actually so much more to do in Paphos, it has several sites relating to the cult of goddess Aphrodite, whose mythical birthplace was at Old Paphos (Kouklia). New Paphos is the modern city that incorporates the harbor, and the ancient ruins of tombs, fortresses, theaters and villas at Paphos Archaeological Park.
Our hotel is a luxury spa and golf resort that’s right on the beach front, all inclusive and absolutely stunning. I’m actually super excited to go, which isn’t like me at all. I think the relief of finally getting chance to swap the destination has set in and I can finally relax without worrying the risks to our future plans.
I’m also really looking forward to booking our excursions too, there is a few that we’ve seen that look like something we’d want to do including:
- Aphrodite’s Rock Brewing Company tour around a microbrewery & brewpub that is set in a restored former old winery in a stunning countryside location amongst olive groves and grape vine terraces – wine and ale tasting? YES PLEASE!
- Lara Bay Turtle Conservation Station – We’re huge animal lovers and there’s so many great reviews on this, I’d be really sorry to miss this one
- There’s loads of tours to ancient ruins, churches and cathedrals that we want to look into – we like learning new stuff together and I love history!
- scuba diving and snorkeling
- Paphos Sea Caves and swimming at Adonis Baths waterfalls
- Pafos Zoo and the Blue Lagoon
- Firework boat trip – a three-course meal, live entertainment and an amazing fireworks display to the end the night
There is honestly soooo much to do and so much we like doing, no doubt Myles will go for around of golf in the sun whilst I work on my tan too!
Have any of you guys been to Paphos? What did you think? What did you see and do?
Until next time,
Love Charlie x