As you’ve probably guessed from the title, today is my birthday! So it is time to say goodbye to being 23 and hello to 24 year old Charlie. Is it me, or is time going faster? I swear it’s some sort of sign that I’m getting older. Each year seems to zip by so quickly!
My 23rd year on this beautiful planet has been one of the best years of my life by far. I took a leap of faith this year, and I am so glad I did. As it is my birthday, I have been looking back on all the amazing memories of the past year. It’s amazing how many things can change in just 365 days, yet it only seems five minutes since I celebrated my 23rd. I have learned so much about myself this year, not to mention how important it is to be true to myself and do things for me. I’m a proper Pisces baby through and through, just three weeks younger than my significant other, Myles. I’ve never actually been a big fan of my own birthday, but I did want to share some of the many things I have learnt over the past 24 years with you…
- It’s always good to slow down and enjoy each moment as it comes
- Be present and put down the mobile phone – not everything has to documented on Instagram and Snapchat
- Your friends aren’t always going to be your friends – people change, get over it
- Don’t waste your money on stupid things
- People aren’t as though they seem, therefore dust it off and move forward
- Family is the most important thing, always make time to spend time with them
- No matter how bad you think it will be, it won’t be that bad
- Be who you want to be, you don’t have to be ashamed of who you are and what you like
I’m so excited for our plans this year and to continue to value these lessons for the next 365 days. So here’s to being 24! The best is yet to come! CHEERS!
Love Charlie x