I had the monthly Birchbox subscription for a total eight months and decided that the month of July would be my last Birchbox for now. Not only am I try to save more money with little one on the way, but I have found the last few boxes unfulfilling and have barely used the products I’ve received. In fact I can’t even remember opening the June or July box, let alone using any of the products or even bothering to review it.
I loved the whole concept of a monthly beauty box delivered to your door. I love the box designs and that each product is designed to suit you best. I also love the fact that each subscriber can try and test new brands and products that probably aren’t available in their local beauty stores.
I’m just not using the products. They’re always tried once for review and there are very little that I have continued to use. I’m sad to see it go, but I will continue to browse the Birchbox website for sweet little deals every now and again.
Heres a little list of products I do actually use and love and have repurchased in the past:
- Doucce Lip Stain – May 2018
- Bad Gal Bang Mascara – March 2018
- Spectrum Tulip Eyeshadow Brush – March 2018
- Luseta Coconut Milk Hair Mask – February 2018
- Percy and Reed Finishing Polish – February 2018
- Marcelle Eye Pencil Liner -January 2018
- Afterspa Magic Face Cloth – January 2018
- Pixie by Petra Lip Balm – December 2017
- Baija Gommage Festin Royal Body Scrub – December 2017
- Percy and Reed No Oil, Hair Oil – November 2017
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer – November 2017
- Spectrum A04 Marble Tapered Finishing Brush – October 2017
Links to each of my Birchbox reviews:
My favourites from the above are definitely January, March and May! Not only for the most gorgeous box designs, but also for the best products and variation of products.
I will miss having a little surprise every month, but for now this is definitely the right decision. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a new monthly subscription box though. Maybe a book related box or a new mum related box would be handy!
Have you got a subscription box? If you have any suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments below.
Love Charlie x