Hi honey buns,
Previously on my blog, I announced that Myles and I were having a baby and felt that everyone should know what went on in those three long months of the first trimester. So in this post, I figured I’d give you guys a little pregnancy update from week 13 to week 20!
(See announcement post here)
My second trimester so far, has been only slightly better than the last. I am currently writing this at 19 weeks and 3 days, and have only just started to feel slightly normal. Although unfortunately, I am still throwing up every other day.
So here goes, what’s happened during my second trimester so far:
- At 16 weeks and 3 days – I got out the shower and noticed a very small purple stretch mark on the bottom of my tummy. So naturally I had a mental breakdown and cried myself to sleep that night.
- After years of wondering, I did find out that I have the A+ blood type – the same as my stepdad, which I thought was cute ☺️
- It is literally impossible for me to do a pee sample under pressure, the midwife almost came to look if I’d fallen down the toilet.
- Eczema has taken over my body, it’s all over the place, including my eyelids. Not only is it uber painful, but I also look like I’ve been in the ring for a few rounds with Mike Tyson.
- At 16 weeks and 5 days, we went to see the midwife, although she had absolutely no clue what was going on – she did allow us to listen to our little ones heartbeat, which was a lovely surprise.
- Sigh. I have sprouted my very own snail trail. Unsurprisingly, plucking your belly hair hurts like a bitch, but I refuse to have black hairs running down my bump.
- We have officially brought and built all of our nursery furniture! Can’t beat being organised!
- My mum and stepdad purchased our travel system, I’m absolutely in love with it and have a little test drive around their house every time we visit.
- Next week, we will be on our way to Cyprus for our babymoon! Buying maternity holiday gear isn’t easy, I literally don’t feel comfortable in anything but my pyjamas.
- I felt baby kick around 17 weeks and it felt like little fish flipping in my belly.
- In fact, I am carrying a right little fidget – he/she moves a lot and makes me need to pee constantly.
- Bending down has become increasingly difficult – I didn’t realise how well I could speak whale!
Who else is in their second trimester? Any similarities? Let me know!
We’re so exited to find out the sex of our baby this Thursday. Only 3 more days to go! Keep your eyes peeled for my gender reveal post, coming soon! 💙💖💙💖💙💖
See you in the next post,
Love Charlie x