Hello my loves,
I absolutely love cooking, especially during autumn and winter as that’s when I’m more likely to cook good hearty comfort food! This recipe is perfect for colder weather and is so quick and easy, even the basic cook can give it a try. I originally got the recipe from good old Mary Berry, however I’ve tweaked it a bit for a more autumn/winter taste.
- A good glug of olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 450g baby new potatoes, halved (or enough to fill the bottom of your tray when halved)
- 6-8 sausages, pricked with a fork (my favourites for this are caramelised onion sausages, I buy mine from Aldi)
- 200ml red wine (we use Malbec but only because that’s what we drink)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Place the cut potatoes, garlic, pepper and onion into a large baking dish or roasting tin and turn the ingredients until they are fully coated in the oil.
- Spread it all out into one even layer and place sausages on top
- Ensure that the sausages aren’t covered by any of the vegetables, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30–35 minutes until golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven, turn the sausages over and toss the vegetables in the cooking juices.
- Pour in the red wine and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the sausages are cooked and the potatoes tender.
- Hey presto! An easy autumnal tray bake, perfect for the whole family!
If you wish to, you can switch the red wine for stock, but the red wine honestly just makes it so delicious! A proper hearty, winter warmer!
What do you think? Let me know if you give it a try yourself!
Thanks for reading,
Love Charlie x